Donated by the cathedral chapter for the spiritual needs of the citizens of Güstrow, the parish church of St. Mary (“St. Marien”) in the market square was first mentioned in a document in 1308. At the beginning of the 16th century it was damaged by three fires in the town. Lutheran preaching has been taking place in this church since 1533. The Baroque spire was added to the building prior to 1706. At the end of the 19th century the church was converted into a three-aisled hall church. The precious furnishings with works of art from the 16th century have been preserved. The tower offers a beautiful panoramic view of the town and its surroundings.
Markt 1A, 18273 Güstrow, Deutschland