The tower of St. Stephen’s Church (“St.-Stephans-Kirche”) is 87.5 meters high. With its baroque spire it dominates the appearance of the town like no other building in Tangermünde. The stately Brick Gothic hall church is the result of several building phases and has rich ornaments made of terracotta. Much of the interior furnishings, however, fell victim to the town fire of 1617. The most valuable pieces of equipment are a sandstone pulpit dating from the 17th century and an organ by Hans Scherer the Younger, recognised as world heritage.
St. Stephen’s Church, Tangermünde