St. Gertrude’s Chapel (“St. Gertrud”) was built in 1420 and is a Late Gothic hospital with a central plan. It is a replica of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem. Its founder is believed to have been Duke Wartislaw IX of Wolgast, who recently had made a pilgrimage to Jerusalem himself. The Wolgast chapel is one of only three comparable hospital chapels that are still preserved in Pomerania.
St. Gertrude’s Chapel, Wolgast