The former Monastery Church of St. John was built by the Franciscan order between approx. 1300–1370. It is one of the most precious Gothic buildings in the city. Despite the city’s eventful history, the church has preserved its medieval roof structure – the oldest completely preserved roof truss in West Pomerania.
The design of the chancel end with its bulging polygon shows connections to the Franciscan monastery church in Berlin. During the restoration of the interior, previously unknown medieval wall paintings have been brought to light in recent years.