The Ribnitz town church of St. Mary (“St. Marien”), a three-aisled hall church, originates from the 13th century. After being repeatedly extended and rebuilt following destruction by town fires it now preserves in its interior the remains of the late baroque furnishings after 1759. The church was restored and redesigned in 1980. An ascent to the tower is highly recommendable.