The Dominican monastery (“Dominikanerkloster”) is one of the best-preserved mendicant monasteries in Northern Germany. Outstanding features are the elaborately restored cloister, the refectory with its wall paintings, the former sacristy and the high Gothic church. It was the donation of the margravial town courtyard in 1275 that provided the basis for the construction. In return, the sovereigns were granted hospitality in the monastery during their stays in Prenzlau.
Dominican monastery, Prenzlau