The former Collegiate Church of St. Michael originates from the 13th century. In the 15th century a massive tower was added to the west. As early as 1180, a medieval school was founded on the site of the collegiate church and language subjects, the socalled trivium, were taught there.
Today, Małachowianka grammar school is located here. It was named after the delegate and co-author of the constitution of 1791, Stanisław Małachowski and is considered the oldest school in Poland that is still located in its original place. In the historical basement there is a museum with an educational trail.