St. Nicholas’ Church (“St. Nikolai”) was first mentioned in 1276 as one of Stralsund’s three large parish churches and is closely related to St. Mary’s Church in Lübeck. When the Gothic style of the French cathedrals was first adopted along the Baltic coast, St. Nicholas’ Church was groundbreaking. With its rich furnishings from the Gothic period to the present day, it is considered one of the most beautiful churches in Northern Europe.
St. Nicholas’ Church, Stralsund