St. Nikolas’ Cathedral (“Dom St. Nikolai”) is situated at the highest point in the centre of the city and was first mentioned in a document in 1262/63. It is the largest church in Greifswald. With its almost 100-metre-high tower the cathedral has become the symbol of the city. The church’s neo-Gothic interior contains valuable paintings and furnishings from the 14th to 17th centuries.
St. Nikolas’ Cathedral, Greifswald