In the 14th and 15th centuries, the dominant bourgeoisie invested its wealth in the expansion of the large parish churches. The construction of St. Catherine’s Church (“St.-Katharinen-Kirche”), the parish church of the New Town, was begun around 1380 by the Stettin master builder Heinrich Brunsberg. The enormous hall church is one of the outstanding examples of late Brick Gothic architecture. The Old Town followed suit a few decades later with the construction of its new parish church of St. Gotthardt. The parish churches contain a great variety of medieval and modern decorations and furnishings: wall paintings, crucifixion groups, baptismal fonts, altarpieces and epitaphs.
Katharinenkirchplatz 4, 14776 Brandenburg an der Havel, Deutschland